Time is never wasted if you remember to bring along something to read.
Thomas Pynchon (from ‘Against The Day’)
(Source: lit-quotes, via teachingliteracy)
By Lily Tsui
My mother was/is awful:
“Why can’t you be like other girls, and care more about how you look? No man will ever want you,” she lamented, when I showed no interest in make-up.
“I will kill myself if you don’t do what I say,” she threatened, waving a kitchen knife…
It’s like coming home after a long trip. That’s what love is like. It’s like coming home.
Piper, Orange is the New Black (via justinancheta)
(Source: shiro13, via katyphamz)
1. I need to stop opening my mouth so preemptively, it gets me in too much trouble.
2. People at the gym are encouraging -I PRed in squats the last couple of times I switched in with people!
3. It’a nice to hear your name aloud.
4. It’s also nice to be greeted enthusiastically when you get home from work. It’s not Julia’s endearing exclamation and usual barrel hugs but it’s something.
5. The clamor of Indian accents sound kind of like music.